Functional medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-oriented approach and engaging both patient and practitioner in a therapeutic partnership. It is an evolution in the practice of medicine that better addresses the healthcare needs of the 21st century. By shifting the traditional disease-centred focus of medical practice to a more patient-centred approach, functional medicine addresses the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms. Functional medicine practitioners spend time with their patients, listening to their histories and look at the interactions among genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease. In this way, functional medicine supports the unique expression of health and vitality for each individual.
Functional medicine practitioners look “upstream” to consider the complex web of interactions in the patient’s history, physiology, and lifestyle that may lead to illness. The unique genetic makeup of each person is considered, along with both internal (mind, body and spirit) and external (physical and social environment) factors that affect total functioning.
A patient-centred approach refers to health care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient preferences, needs, values, and that ensures that a patient’s values, guide all clinical decisions. By listening to the patient and learning his or her story, the Naturopath brings the patient into the discovery process and tailors treatments that address the individual’s unique needs.
At Nurtura Health, our Naturopaths endeavour to place you, the client, at the centrepoint of our practice and your health and wellbeing are our primary concern.
- Take the first step for your health’s sake. Make an appointment with one of our Naturopaths.
- An ounce of prevention…. Early intervention and correction of imbalances to assist in supporting healthy immune function, under the guidance of qualified Naturopaths.
- Treat more than just the symptoms. Comprehensive assessment & interpretation with one of our Naturopaths.
- Individualised health management programmes are tailor-made for each client. Every client’s ailment is unique and may have a different underlying cause.
- Comprehensive health management programmes may include a range of treatment or therapies with the aim to restore optimal health for your age and stage of life.
- Our practitioners take the time when it comes to your health.
Disclaimer: The advice on this website is of a general nature only and Nurtura Health expressly disclaims all liability arising out of the improper use of the information provided. Nurtura Health actively discourages any self-diagnosis or self-medication. Please consult your health practitioner regarding these important health issues. All rights reserved.