Nurtura Health Blog
Skin Health…. How important is it? Healthy skin is an integral part of good health. The appearance of your skin may be an outward reflection of your health on the inside. Skin is the largest organ of the body with a total surface of approximately 2 square metres and a total weight of 4.5-5kg! It […]
Diabesity – What is it? Diabesity is becoming more known in the recent years. This condition is when Diabetes and Obesity coexist with one another. Sometimes it is referred to as obesity-dependent diabetes. The scale of health problems range from mild insulin resistance and overweight, to obesity and diabetes. Studies show that the health impact […]
Inflammation – Is it Good or Bad? Believe it or not, inflammation may be a good thing! We have all experienced acute inflammation at some point in our lives, whether it be a sprained ankle, splinter, or a cut… As a result, we see the affected area turn red, puffy and hot as our immune […]
Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis… What is the difference? Is joint pain holding you back and stopping you from doing the things you enjoy? Do you have early-morning pain and stiffness that worsens with joint use? Do you have local tenderness and/or soft tissue swelling? Do you ask yourself if you’ll ever be able to move with […]
Do you want to shed a few extra kilos, increase your energy and feel renewed? It may be time to detoxify your colon! At birth, the inner lining of our intestines is pink, clean and supple. Over time, however, the combination of poor diet, stress and exposure to environmental toxins may cause the intestines to […]
Read more posts
- Skin Health – It is More Than Skin Deep!
- Diabesity – The Hidden Epidemic
- Inflammation… Are You Inflamed?
- Osteoarthritis versus Osteoporosis
- Detoxify Your Colon and Shed Weight!
- Detoxification – Toxin Overload and Fatigue
- Fatigue? Insomnia? Are You Caught in the Cycle?
- Are You Feeling Stressed and Fatigued??
- Allergies and Immune Dysregulation
- Women’s Health – Fertility and Preconception Health Care
- Women’s Health – Perimenopause… Menopause… Postmenopause
- Women’s Health – Leiomyomas (Uterine Fibroids)
- Women’s Health – Endometriosis
- Women’s Health – Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Women’s Health – Luteal Phase Defects
- Women’s Health – Menorrhagia (Heavy periods)
- Women’s Health – Amenorrhoea and Oligomenorrhoea
- Women’s Health – Dysmenorrhoea (Painful Periods)
- Women’s Health – Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Women’s Health – Sex Hormones & the Reproductive Cycle
- Women’s Health – Are Your Hormones Affecting Your Life?
- Happy Birthday to Nurtura Health!!
- Gut-Brain Connection (Part 2)
- Gut-Brain Connection (Part 1)
- Winning the “War Against Pain”
- Feeling Tired? Fatigue and the Energy Crisis.
- Catch 22: Is it Inflammation, Insulin Resistance or Both?
- Surviving the Flu Season – Help is at Hand!
- Nurtura Health – Our Blog